Sustainable Economy & Society - Stability. Jobs. Prosperity.
The Digital Ireland Forum
- Starts: Friday, 21 September, 2012, at 8am
- Ends: Friday, 21 September, 2012, at 10.30am
- Venue: The Shelbourne Hotel
- Website www.siliconrepublic.com/difsep2012
The age of the connected consumer - a digital game changer.
At the Digital Ireland Forum, our leading keynote speakers will be joined by Ireland's digital leaders, who will take part in mediated panel discussions, before an invited audience of c-suite executives and senior policy-makers, on the changing nature of the consumer and the opportunities this presents for Ireland's existing businesses, for new start-ups, and for winning the next wave of FDI.
As always, we hope to provide a platform for stimulating debate around how we make Ireland the "Digital Engine of Europe" - where the products and services demanded by the global consumer are born. Chaired by broadcaster and author Matt Cooper, among the themes discussed will be:
- The Future of Content
- The Future of Information
- The Future of Finance
- The Future of Entertainment
- The Future of Retail
Confirmed panelists include:
- Jeroen Hoencamp, CEO, Vodafone Ireland
- Tanya Duncan, CEO, Interxion Ireland
- Múirne Laffan, managing director, RTÉ Digital
- Maurice Mortell, MD Ireland, TelecityGroup
- Colm O'Neill, CEO, BT Ireland
- Andrew Maybin, network services director, Tibus
- Anna Scally, Partner, KPMG Ireland
"Irish consumers are increasingly willing to adopt new technologies and digital business models, and that spells big risks and opportunities for almost every business - what's exciting for Ireland is that so much of the digital world they use is being developed and managed from Ireland."
- The Converged Lifestyle: Consumers and Convergence, KPMG, 2012