A competition to find the next generation of cyber security experts
HBAN All-Island Business Angel Conference 2012
- Starts: Wednesday, 3 October 2012, at 1.30pm
- Ends: Wednesday, 3 October 2012, at 6pm
- Venue: Gibson Hotel
- Price: 145
- Website www.hban.org/event/hban-all-island-business-angel-conference-2012-2/
This conference will seek to accelerate business angel activity in Ireland by furthering knowledge and understanding.
Investors and prospective investors with an interest in finding out more about angel investment and investing as part of a syndicate should attend this year’s conference. They will have the opportunity to meet and network with members of Ireland’s business angel community who will share their insights and experience.
The 2012 conference is themed ‘Harness the power of the collective’. It will feature internationally renowned speakers who will talk about trends in angel investment worldwide, as well as looking at what it takes to build successful teams, such as angel investment syndicates and entrepreneur and angel investor teams.
Keynote speaker, Mark Denton, will deliver his roller-coaster ‘Leadership and teamwork in the eye of the storm’ presentation. Denton is the acclaimed skipper of the BP Explorer and will discuss his experiences leading a team to success in ‘the world’s toughest yacht race’, the BT Global Challenge.
Other speakers include:
- Serial entrepreneur, William Reeve, who successfully co-founded and exited companies such as LOVEFiLM and has a portfolio of business interests across the UK and Irish internet industry. From September 2012, Reeve will become head of operations at Paddy Power PLC. Reeve is an active angel investor and will provide insight on his experience of angel investing both from the investor and the entrepreneur’s point of view.
- John May, chair emeritus of the Angel Capital Association in the US and managing partner of New Venture Group, will discuss angel investing from a US perspective.
- Michael Gardiner, a founding partner of CSES, a UK consultancy specialising in public policy analysis, was recently responsible for a major study for the European Commission which assessed the size of the business angel market in Europe. He will provide his insights and findings from the European report.
A panel discussion will also take place, allowing attendees to ask questions of the experts on raising angel funding and making investments as a syndicate.
The event is being run by the Halo Business Angel Network (HBAN), which is a joint initiative of InterTradeIreland and Enterprise Ireland. HBAN is the all-island umbrella organisation which works in partnership with the Irish BICs and Halo NI to promote business angel investment and create business angel syndicates.
For further information or to register for the event, please visit the website. The cost to attend this event is €145, but places are limited, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.