Revolutionising and becoming an integral part of every major industry, including medicine, energy, agriculture and manufacturing
Transatlantic Cyber Security Summit
- Starts: Tuesday, 27 November 2012, from 9am-4.30pm
- Ends: Wednesday, 28 November 2012, from 9am-4.30pm
- Venue: Griffith College Conference Centre
- Website www.gtri.gatech.edu/gtireland
Dublin summit to address the future of transatlantic cyber security.
Leaders from government, industry and academia will convene for the Transatlantic Cyber Security Summit. Co-sponsored by the Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech Ireland and the Office of Naval Research Global, the free, two-day event will focus on three priorities and challenges that will have the most significant impact on the future of transatlantic cyber security:
1. Thwarting Cyber Crime
2. International Collaboration & Information Sharing
3. Building the Cyber Workforce
The summit’s format will include keynote presentations, moderated open discussions and technical deep dives. Unlike other events that merely focus on the high-level issues of the international cyber security space, this conference offers the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts who are directly engaged in the battle against advanced persistent cyber threats.
Keynote speakers include:
- Seán Sherlock, TD, Ireland's Minister of State, Department of Enterprise, Jobs and Innovation, and Department of Education and Skills, with responsibility for research and innovation
- The Hon John G Grimes, former assistant secretary of defense for Networks and Information Integration, chief information officer, Department of Defense;
- Mr Alex Vandurme, chief engineer, NATO Computer Incident Response Capability
- Lord John Reid, former Home Secretary and Principal in the Chertoff Group
- Dr Robert J Elder, USAF Lt Gen (Ret), research professor, George Mason University
- Mr Joe Weiss, Applied Control Solutions
- Dr Jack Callahan, associate director InfoDom, Office of Naval Research Global
For further information or to register online, please visit the website.