The world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies
Green Growth Forum 2013
- Starts: Friday, 25 January 2013, at 9am
- Ends: Friday, 25 January 2013, at 12.30pm
- Venue: The Convention Centre Dublin
- Website www.siliconrepublic.com/special-events/green-growth-forum/
Green Growth Forum: Fostering and Financing Green Innovation. Hosted by Silicon Republic and the Green IFSC.
Green growth will be synonymous with enterprise, finance, innovation and economic development in the 21st century. Ireland has the potential to be a global leader in a low-carbon economy. If we are to achieve this we will need to communicate our credentials and our leadership to the world.
The Green Growth Forum 2013 on 25 January, will feature high-profile international keynotes who will offer a global view, and highlight international best practice. Local experts and leaders in finance, technology and policy will take part in mediated panel discussions, and invited delegates will participate in questions-and-answer sessions, in order to encourage a lively and thoughtful debate on this crucial area.
The Silicon Valley approach has been held up as a model for fostering innovation and developing new global players. In recent years, that model has been applied, most visibly, to clean technologies and green innovation. Speakers and delegates will discuss how Ireland, as the Silicon Valley of Europe, can create a model to foster and finance the green innovation that will shape our country’s future economic prosperity.
Themes tackled will include:
- Leadership in a low-carbon economy
- The clean energy imperative
- Harnessing Ireland’s strengths for green growth
- Regulatory and policy challenges
- Fostering clean-tech innovation and entrepreneurship
- Repurposing industry and business
- Clean-tech investment today
- Green financing and venture capital
- Thierry Van Landegem, chairman of the board of GreenTouch
- Dr Eddie O'Connor, Founder and Chief Executive, Mainstream Renewable Power
- Dr Paul Nillesen, head of Global Renewable Energy Practice, PwC
Panelists include leaders from the Green IFSC, Bank of Ireland Global Markets, Siemens, UCC/Tyndall, Bilfinger, DCC and RPS Group.
Check back for speaker updates.
Green growth image via Shutterstock