Ireland’s biggest and most exciting career event for professionals and graduates
- Starts: Tuesday, 18 June 2013
- Ends: Thursday, 20 June 2013
- Venue: The Convention Centre Dublin
- Website www.euronanoforum2013.eu/
Nanotechnology innovation: from research to commercialisation.
EuroNanoForum 2013 focuses on the impact nanotechnology is having on solving societal problems in environment, energy and health, and showcases innovation as a driver of economic growth.
The event presents new technologies arising from nanoscience and their applications and discusses potential new end products. Commercialisation and co-operative alliances and schemes that accelerate their deployment are addressed, also considering the other key enabling technologies of advanced materials, nanoelectronics and manufacturing.
The conference programme has four thematic tracks: environment, life sciences, co-operation and commercialisation, industrial applications and nano-engineering. High-profile speakers from industry, government and research will discuss the economic and technological impact of nanotechnologies on European growth.
Some of the speakers at EuroNanoForum 2013 include:
- Máire Geoghegan Quinn, commissioner for research, science and innovation, European Commission
- Seán Sherlock, Ireland's Minister of State for Research and Innovation
- Christian Morales, VP EMEA, Intel
- Winfried Hoffmann, president, European Photovoltaic Industry Association
- John Meschter, technical development director, G24i
- JW (Hans) Hofstraat, vice-president Philips Research, Philips
- Dr Mihail Roco, senior adviser for nanotechnology, National Science Foundation USA
- Steve Price, science and technology director, Diageo