Ireland - the go-to destination for knowledge that will drive the next economy
Innovation Ireland Forum: The Future Created Here
- Starts: Friday, 11 October 2013, at 8am
- Ends: Friday, 11 October 2013, at 12pm
- Venue: The Shelbourne Hotel
- Website www.siliconrepublic.com/iif
Ireland - the go-to destination for knowledge that will drive the next economy.
Ireland’s credentials as a world-leading location for technology and software companies is underpinned by a vibrant research and development ecosystem. As the world looks to technological innovation to provide sustainable solutions to the economic challenges of the 21st century, Ireland is well placed to leverage its knowledge ecosystem to become an international test bed for tomorrow’s innovation economy.
The Innovation Ireland Forum will bring together the leaders in the ecosystem and the key stakeholders in government, academia, engineering, technology and investment sectors to help shape the direction of thinking and policy in Ireland.
Silicon Republic will ask how we can amplify the message that Ireland is the go-to destination for the knowledge that will drive the next economy.
Topics to be address at the Innovation Ireland Forum: The Future Created Here include:
- Innovation Ecosystem
- International Collaboration
- Innovation for Sustainability
- Innovation Clusters
- International Test Bed
- Sustainable Economic Models
- Forming Tomorrow’s Talent
- Enabling the ‘Creative Class’
- Intellectual Property
- Business Model Innovation
CONFIRMED KEYNOTES INCLUDE:
Bror Salmelin, Innovation Systems, European Commission DG CONNECT
Bror Salmelin is currently Advisor for Innovation Systems at the European Commission DG CONNECT (Communications, Networks, Content and Technology), responsible for innovation and take-up and real world settings fostering innovation, and Living Labs.
CONFIRMED PANELISTS INCLUDE:
- Travis Carpico, Country Manager, Fidelity Investments
- Prof Mark Ferguson, Director-General, Science Foundation Ireland
- Eucharia Meehan, Director, Irish Research Council
- Ben Hurley, CEO, NDRC
- Prof Brian MacCraith, President, Dublin City University
- John McSweeney, Head of ESB Innovation
- Prof Chris Bean, Director, University College Dublin Earth Institute
- Peter Finnegan, Director, International Relations and Research, Dublin City Council
Check back for speaker and panelist updates and more