Can LinkedIn be a valuable tool for my business?
LinkedIn are opening up their European Headquarters in Dublin very soon.
They are a business social networking site with over 60 million registered users and over 250,000 of these are based in Ireland.
Is LinkedIn just another one of those social media tools I should ignore or can it be valuable for my business?
Here are some reasons why you should start using LinkedIn.
1. Warm Calling - Nobody likes doing the cold calling. If there's a company you want to connect with, search for them on LinkedIn. If you don't have a connection to them maybe somebody connected to you has. This alone is worth the LinkedIn time investment. Your network is your net worth!
2. Hiring - LinkedIn is full of qualified people so it's a great place to hire and it's free to advertise in groups that your a member of.
3. Events - If you are running an event create it within LinkedIn. It's a much more effective way of getting more people going to your event.
4. Influencers/Decision Makes - Did you know that most people on LinkedIn are over 35 and over 66% are influencers or decision makers. It's certainly a good bunch to network with!
5. Getting Business - Instead of using a search engine to find some partners, employees, etc, more and more people will go straight to their network of choice. So make sure you've got a great profile and lots of recommendations. If you do, then you'll get people contacting you with business opportunities.
LinkedIn will never replace you going to a networking event and meeting someone in person but it is a very useful tool that supports your offline networking efforts.
What positive experience have you got from using LinkedIn?
Wednesday 21st April 2010, 10:02 am
By Ian Cleary