Alcatel-Lucent Next-Generation Business IP VPN Solution
Reliable IP Networks for Rail Operators
Network transformation to IP/MPLS for guaranteed mission-critical communications.
Railway and metro operators rely heavily on their communications infrastructures to operate safely and efficiently. These rail operators have traditionally deployed separate networks supporting different applications using SONET/SDH-based TDM networking technologies.
Alcatel-Lucent delivers a converged IP/MPLS-based communications network for rail operators using next-generation products and management tools. Alcatel-Lucent IP/MPLS products support network resiliency, quality of service, virtualisation, synchronous Ethernet, convergence and a management platform that automates and simplifies operations management.
Upgrading to a modern, reliable, and flexible Alcatel-Lucent IP/MPLS communications network will enable a rail operator to migrate from a SONET/SDH-based network to a multi-service IP/MPLS network that can support both new IP/Ethernet-based applications and legacy TDM-based applications, thus reducing both CAPEX and OPEX while maintaining reliability.
- Alcatel-Lucent Next-Generation Business IP VPN Solution
- Migrating Routed Networks and Services to IPv6
- Seizing the opportunity: The business benefits of a High Leverage Network
- Rethink Your Core Beliefs
- LightRadio: Portfolio: White Paper 1: Technical Overview
- LightRadio: Portfolio: White Paper 2: Economic Analysis