Over the last three years, Siliconrepublic.com has enabled Ireland’s technology leaders to campaign for the creation of a truly Digital Ireland. By sharing their views and insights they have helped shape Ireland’s digital future, through our Digital 21 programme.
Today there is traction in Government for the creation of a "Digital Ireland Master Plan", and consensus that moving up the broadband table is vital to Ireland’s economic interests. This year, we aim to address the fundamental challenge of placing Digital Ireland at the centre of mainstream economic planning and policies – ultimately leading to sustainable enterprise and jobs.
Economic recovery, job creation and selling Ireland as a digital and creative economy are our key priorities. We need to establish that putting in place the right digital policies and programmes now will be the determining factor in deciding Ireland’s fate.
At the heart of this year’s Digital 21 programme will be two key Digital Ireland Forum events for leaders:
- The Digital Ireland Forum: Winning in the Next Economy: 23 March 2012
- The Digital Ireland Forum: Realising the Creative Economy: September 2012.
Over the coming weeks, we will be publishing interviews and video reports with the leading figures in Ireland’s tech scene, as part of our Digital 21 programme, covering the key issues that need to be tackled to enable Ireland to be a winner in the digital economy, including:
- Ensuring an enterprise-friendly culture in a digital age
- Attracting and nurturing the knowledge professionals
- Creating a workforce with the skills for the next economy
- Access to next-generation infrastructure
- Becoming the location of choice for tech MNCs and start-ups
- The industries that will be winners in the next economy
- The imperative of adaptability of policy in an age of rapid change.