Smartphone manufacturer HTC has felt the need to deny reports that Asus was eyeing it up for purchase, claiming it “will not consider the acquisition”.
There had been murmurs of an acquisition over the past few weeks, which gained traction last Friday when Jonney Shih, Asus chairman, refused to deny that his company was interested.
Rather than rule it out, Shih said he’d need to know the intentions of both companies before proceeding with anything. Now, though, HTC has come out swinging.
“We strongly deny the news. We didn’t contact Asusteck and will not consider the acquisition,” it said in a statement.
“As an international brand, HTC will continue to design world-class innovative smart devices through its pursuit of brilliance and brand promise.”
Buy your tickets now!