A health and wellness zone at the Inspirefest Fringe in Dublin’s Merrion Square will see Stephanie Roche make an appearance as Sodexo’s wellbeing ambassador.
As Inspirefest 2016 nears, with it set to take place from 30 June to 2 July in Dublin, details are emerging about what to expect at the event’s evening Fringe activities.
Republic of Ireland footballer Stephanie Roche will appear at Sodexo’s Health and Wellness Zone, with the services company’s country president Margot Slattery speaking at the main event at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre.
“As a people-based business, Sodexo recognises that there is a very clear business case for prioritising diversity and inclusion,” said Slattery, who will speak on just that topic on the Thursday (30 June) of the event.
Slattery was recently named a winner of a trailblazer award at the 2016 Women’s Executive Network Awards. Sodexo is one of the sponsors of Inspirefest and will be providing food for attendees and speakers throughout the event.
— Inspirefest 2016 (@InspirefestHQ) June 18, 2016
Lisa Hannigan has been named as the artist to round out the evening Fringe events on the Friday, with the Family Fringe running the morning of Saturday 2 July, from 10am to 1pm, in Merrion Square. It will give hundreds of families the opportunity to get hands-on with and take part in a host of sci-tech and craft activities.
Elsewhere, the eight research candidates selected to pitch their best in just 180 seconds on the Inspirefest Fringe stage as part of ResearchFest have been announced. They are:
- Dearbhla Burke, a PhD candidate at the School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science in University College Dublin
- Irish Research Council scholar Claire O’Connell
- Fiona Malone, who is in her final year of a PhD in biomedical engineering at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Natalia Cañas Estrada, a PhD student at Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork.
- Shauna Flynn, PhD researcher at the DCU School of Electronic Engineering
- Kim Connick, a postgraduate researcher in the Immunomodulation Research Group at DCU’s School of Biotechnology
Inspirefest is Silicon Republic’s international event connecting sci-tech professionals passionate about the future of STEM. Book your tickets now to join us from 30 June to 2 July 2016 for fresh perspectives on leadership, innovation and diversity.
Get your early bird tickets now!