Vodafone has revealed dedicated data plans for iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G from this Friday. The data plans will be available without a contract so users can cancel plans easily.
Vodafone Ireland has launched two commitment-free plans specifically tailored for iPad: a one-day and 30-day plan – available to customers using Vodafone Micro SIMs.
The 1 Day Plan is ideal for customers who want to use mobile broadband on their iPad occasionally and the 30 Day Plan caters to customers who want to browse the web, download music and update apps on their iPad while on the move throughout the month.
The plans are as follows:
· 1 Day – 500Mb per day data allowance – €3.99
· 30 Day – 5Gb per month data allowance – €20
“Vodafone customers will have the best possible iPad experience with Vodafone’s best performing mobile broadband,” said Vodafone Ireland consumer director, Stefano Gastaut.
“Our new daily and 30-day data plans, designed for iPad users, will complement our existing data plan range so customers can now find the best plan to suit their individual data needs.”
The iPad goes on sale in Ireland and 16 other countries from this Friday in a number of varieties in terms of connectivity and storage. Since launching the iPad, Apple says it sold 3 million of the devices in the first 80 days and now has more than 11,000 dedicated apps for the tablet computing device.
The device will be sold in Ireland via Apple reseller stores like CompuB and PC World, as well as mobile operators 3, Vodafone and O2.
Pricing (SRP) for the iPad is as follows:
· €499 including VAT (€412.40 excluding VAT) for 16GB, Wi-Fi
· €599 including VAT (€495.04 excluding VAT) for 32GB, Wi-Fi
· €699 including VAT (€577.69 excluding VAT) for 64GB, Wi-Fi
· €599 including VAT (€495.04 excluding VAT) for 16GB, Wi-Fi + 3G
· €699 including VAT (€577.69 excluding VAT) for 32GB, Wi-Fi + 3G
· €799 including VAT (€660.33 excluding VAT) for 64GB, Wi-Fi + 3G