With ESB Electric Ireland now competing in the deregulated residential electricity and gas markets, the company has today announced new price plans, offering savings of up to 17pc on electricity unit prices and 6pc on gas unit prices – so customers can potentially save an average of €190 over the coming year.
ESB Electric Ireland’s new price plan offerings encompass a range of electricity-only, gas-only or dual products, including:
- Savings of up to 17pc on electricity unit rates, available to customers as part of a dual gas and electricity package from ESB Electric Ireland. This has the potential to deliver average annual savings for customers of almost €190* on electricity and gas bills.
- Savings of up to 14pc on electricity unit rates for customers who avail of the electricity only product from ESB Electric Ireland, delivering potential average annual savings for customers of €120* on electricity bills.
- Savings of up to 6pc on regulated Bord Gáis Energy (BGE) unit rates for ESB Electric Ireland customers who choose to buy gas only from ESB Electric Ireland.
- Savings of up to 9pc on electricity unit rates with its green electricity product.
*Average annual savings based on electricity usage of 5,300kWh pa and annual gas usage of 16,000kWh pa. All savings are inclusive of VAT.
Bruton welcomes ESB’s price cuts
The Minister for Enterprise, Jobs and Innovation Richard Bruton has today welcomed ESB’s price cuts, promising to continue the fight to bring down costs across the economy, help restore confidence and kickstart economic growth.
“Based on the figures provided, this move could see €100m or more being transferred from the ESB back into the pockets of their electricity customers alone. This is not including Airtricity, Bord Gáis or gas customers who are eligible for further savings. It represents a major saving for hard-pressed consumers and a small, but helpful, stimulus for the economy in these difficult times," said Bruton today.
Also speaking today, ESB Electric Ireland general manager Liam Molloy said customer demand and feedback had played a significant role in determining the company’s new electricity and gas offerings.
“We are very aware of the financial pressure on customers in the current environment. In developing our new electricity and gas price plans we are determined to provide customers with the best choice, value and products in the Irish energy market. We are confident that this versatile range of price plans delivers on this,” Molloy added.
Packages for customers
People can choose from different packages including: Supersaver, Reward, Green Electricity and Household Budget.
Under the Green Electricity package, for instance, customers can get discounts of up to 9pc off the ESB Electric Ireland Standard electricity unit rate if they:
- Sign up for the Green package, pay by direct debit and sign up to online billing (6pc discount)
- Sign up for gas, pay by direct debit and sign up for online billing (receive another 3pc discount on electricity).
Meanwhile, the Household Budget package is geared towards customers on An Post Household Budget Scheme in dealing with their electricity bills and offers discounts of up to 9pc off the ESB Electric Ireland Standard electricity unit rate.
Get your early bird tickets now!