What are cookies?
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during visits
- Offer you free services/content
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
If the settings on the software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies, we take this – and your continued use of our website – to mean that you accept the cookies that we use to run our site.
In fact, disabling cookies can limit the functionality of a large portion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern sites. It may also impact your browsing experience.
The kind of cookies we use
Website function cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Page visits during your session
These cookies do not retain any personal or sensitive data and expire at the end of your session.
Third-party function cookies
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
You can easily like or share our content on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Reddit. To enable this, we have included these sites’ share buttons on our site.
The privacy implications of this functionality will vary from social network to social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
For more information on the privacy policies affiliated with these sites, check out the following links:
- Facebook’s Data Policy
Visitor statistics cookies
- How many people have visited our website
- What type of technology visitors are using (e.g. Mac OS or Windows, which helps to identify when our site isn’t working as it should for particular technologies)
- How long visitors spend on the site
- What pages visitors look at
- How visitors reached the site (e.g. from a search engine)
- Whether visitors have been on the site before
This information and the analytics software we use helps us to continuously improve our website and invest in developing services based on our users’ needs and demands.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, nor our advertisers and advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
Updated: May 20th 2015