In addition to the multi-touch capabilities of the Magic Mouse Apple has introduced a trackpad, bringing a bit of Macbook functionality to the iMac desktop.
Introducing the new iMac desktop line with better graphics and more speed, Apple took an opportunity today to bring out its slick, standalone multi-touch glass and aluminium track pad for iMac users that want to add extra functionality besides the mouse.
The good news is that the Magic Mouse is now shipping free with the new iMac line but you’ll have to order the Magic Trackpad as an extra.
Like the MacBook trackpad it enables multi-touch gestures, and you can scroll up and down on the glass surface, pinch to zoom and rotate an image with your fingertip or flip through images with a three-finger swipe.
It can be configured to support single button or two button commands and it supports tap-to-click as well as a physical click. The Magic Trackpad costs €69.
On to the new iMac lineup: Starting from €1229 for the 21.5-inch 3.06GHz model it goes up to €2029 for the Quad-core 27-incher.
This is what you’re getting for the top of the line 27-inch 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 iMac:
- 27-inch 2560 x 1440 LED-backlit display
- 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM expandable to 16GB
- ATI Radeon HD 5750 discrete graphics with 1GB GDDR5
- 1TB Serial ATA hard drive running at 7200 rpms
- Slot-load 8x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Mini DisplayPort for audio and video input and output (adapters sold separately)
- AirPort Extreme 802.11n wireless networking & Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- iSight video camera
- Gigabit Ethernet
- four USB 2.0 ports
- one FireWire 800 port
- one SDXC SD card slot
- built-in stereo speakers and microphone
- Wireless Apple Keyboard, Magic Mouse
- Configure-to-order options include a 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor, a 2TB hard drive, 256GB solid state drive (SSD) and up to 16GB of RAM.
"We took the world’s best all-in-one and made it even better," said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide product marketing.
"With the latest processors, high-performance graphics and signature aluminium and glass design, customers are going to love the latest iMac."
Get your early bird tickets now!