While Apple is working to fix a bug that affects the battery life of iOS 5 devices, iPhone users can employ tips by the company on how to extend the battery life of their smartphones.
These tips apply to an iPhone running iOS 5.0 or later and may help extend your phone’s battery life.
- Keep your iPhone out of the sun or a hot car (including the glove box). Heat will degrade your battery’s performance the most.
- Minimise use of location services
- Turn off push notifications
- Fetch new data less frequently
- Turn off push mail
- Auto-check fewer email accounts
- Turn off Wi-Fi
- Turn off Bluetooth
- Use Airplane Mode in low- or no-coverage areas
- Adjust brightness
- Turn off EQ
For details on how to turn off notifications on your iPhone, go to Apple’s webpage.