Thanks to Sphero, we have an Ollie, a Darkside Ollie and Spine Ramps to give away to two lucky Siliconrepublic.com readers!
Update, Monday 21 December 2015, 10.48am: This competition is now closed.
If Tony Hawk was a robotic toy, he’d be an Ollie for sure.
Made by Sphero – the genius robotics company behind the origial Sphero and the celebrated BB-8 – Ollie is a clever robot you can drive with the help of compatible iOS and Android apps.
Reaching speeds of up to 14mph, Ollie is protected by a polycarbonate shell and is designed to repel water, so it can take on just about anything.
This year, Sphero introduced the Spine Ramp to the Ollie collection, to really test the skills of this rolling robot. This ultra-wide adjustable ramp lets you control Ollie’s trajectory and show gravity what’s up.
Smart on the inside, Ollie can track distance, air-time, colour preferences, trick combos and more, connecting to devices up to 100 feet away.
Ollie’s evil twin, Darkside, operates the same way, although this reckless robot is known to overpower anything standing in its way – including its master.
Which will you choose?
Thanks to Sphero, we have one of each to give away, plus a set of complementary Spine Ramps for both Ollie and Darkside.
To be in with a chance to win, share the video above on Twitter with the hashtag #HappyOlliedays if you want the original Ollie, or #DarksideTakesOver if you fancy the Darkside model.
Send us a link to your tweet at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘OLLIE’. Your email must also include your name, age and county of residence.
Get your email in before midnight on Sunday 20 December, after which a winner will be chosen at random from correct entries that satisfy the terms below. The lucky winner will then be contacted to arrange delivery of their prizes.
Be sure to follow @Sphero on Twitter for updates on exciting robotic gadgets you can toy around with at home, as well as more competitions to win great prizes.
See below for full terms and conditions – and good luck!
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- The sponsor of this competition is Sphero.
- The competition closes on Sunday 20 December at 11.59pm (UTC). No entries will be accepted after this point.
- You must be aged 18 years or over and be a resident in the Republic of Ireland to enter this competition.
- Entries are limited to one entry per email address.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries and contacted via email by Silicon Republic.
- Sphero will arrange delivery of the prize to an address of the winners’ choosing. Details exchanged in this matter will not be retained by Silicon Republic or Sphero.
- The winner’s name will be announced after the competition closes via the Silicon Republic Twitter account (@siliconrepublic).
- The winner agrees to enter into any contract which may be associated with the competition. If the winner does not wish to comply, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
- The promoters (Silicon Republic) and sponsors (Sphero) reserve the right to alter or cancel this promotion at any time.
- No cash alternative can be offered.
- This competition is open to everyone who fulfills the conditions outlined above, other than families or employees of the promoters (Silicon Republic) and sponsors (Sphero).
- If the terms of this competition are not met, a new winner will be drawn. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.