IDA Ireland has created an infographic to showcase some of the key industry sectors such as ICT, pharma, life sciences, digital and social media, plus gaming, that are attracting global companies to set up Irish bases.
Ireland now ranks first in the world for value of investment projects and second in the world for inward investment per capita. That’s according to IBM’s 2011 Global Location Trends Report, as reflected in the new IDA infographic (see below).
Key statistics from the IDA
There are now 1,004 overseas companies with Irish bases. These companies employ 146,000 people between them and contribute to €110bn in total exports.
Where Ireland’s FDI exports go:
- EU – 49pc
- North America – 25pc
- Asia – 10pc
- Other European – 9pc
- Elsewhere – 7pc.
According to the IDA:
- 8 out of 10 global ICT firms have industry sectors in Ireland
- 10 ‘born on the internet’ companies have Irish bases
- 9 out of 19 global pharma giants have Irish bases
- 3 out of 5 top games companies are located in Ireland
- 17 out of 25 global medical device companies are located in Ireland
- More than 50pc of the world’s leading financial services firms have Irish bases
Just last week, Indeed, the search engine for jobs, announced it had opened its new EMEA headquarters in Dublin. The company, which which now has more than 60m users worldwide, is planning to hire 50 employees at its Dublin base in 2012. Indeed’s offices will be located at Sir John Rogerson’s Quay in Dublin City.
Source: IDA Ireland
Buy your tickets now!