2,725 STEM jobs were announced in Ireland in October, with major news both sides of the border ensuring the good news was shared all over the country.
The biggest announcement of the month came in Fermanagh, with Teleperformance, a customer service management company, creating 800 jobs in Enniskillen.
As one of the largest single jobs announcements in Northern Ireland for some time, Teleperformance said that the new jobs will be created in order to facilitate its new centre in Enniskillen, its third in Northern Ireland.
Jobs in Ireland, a decent spread
Limerick saw 260 jobs come on the back of Regeneron (200) and CPL (60) making moves. Regeneron is investing €310m into its Limerick facility, with the Industrial Operations and Product Supply bioprocessing campus, the company’s first outside of the US, already employing 300 people in the county.
Dublin, as usual, received a spate of announcements, with Workday (200) Clavis (150) and Pivotal (130) helping see the capital through to well over 1,000 for the month.
The full list of jobs announcements for the month is:
- Teleperformance announces 800 Jobs for Fermanagh
- 300 jobs set for Dublin through cloud expert Sage
- 200 biopharma jobs in Limerick as Regeneron expands
- 200 new jobs for Dublin at Workday with new Europe HQ
- E-commerce analytics player Clavis to create 150 jobs as part of $20m investment
- 140 science jobs in Dublin as Grifols invests €90m in new facility
- 130 pharma jobs in Dublin and Cork with Pfizer investment
- Pivotal to create 130 jobs in Dublin and Cork in €100m investment
- Ammeon expansion paves way for 100 tech jobs in Dublin’s city centre
- Jobs site Glassdoor hiring 100 at new Irish base
- 75 jobs for Dublin as Mason Hayes & Curran expands
- NI engineering firm McAuley to create 64 jobs in Ballymoney
- CPL Industries to create 60 jobs at plant in Foynes, Co Limerick
- CurrencyFair to create 50 new jobs in Dublin
- Trinity on the hunt for 40 new assistant professors
- Fujitsu Ireland to hire 35 new staff over next 6 months
- Cork lands 30 IoT jobs with Accuflow’s home heating push
- Realex Payments announces 20 jobs at Web Awards 2015
- 19 fintech jobs in Belfast as Hanweck opens European HQ
- 16 jobs in Galway as Cut-e announces imminent expansion
- 15 new Belfast jobs as Chemtest doubles workforce
- 15 fintech jobs coming to Belfast with Clarus Financial Technology
- Software developers CGM bringing 10 jobs to Waterford
- 10 software jobs in Dublin as Test Triangle expands
- 10 new IT jobs in Galway as TitanHQ expands
- Seabrook’s Siemens deal brings 6 ‘high level’ roles to Cork
Looking for tech jobs in Ireland? Check out our Featured Employers section for information on companies hiring right now.
Dog image, via Shutterstock