Thanks in large part to Apple’s decision to once again expand its Cork operations, well over 2,600 STEM jobs were announced in November, with little nationwide spread.
Dublin and Cork were the main beneficiaries this month, with Apple’s 1,000-strong expansion added to that of Voxpro’s decision last week to add 350 to its workforce in the rebel county, taking the total figure of new roles there to around 1,400 in November.
Of course, often, the larger the announcement, the longer the lead-in time, with Apple’s recruitment drive looking like it will come to fruition in 2017.
But Voxpro’s expansion is part of what is starting to look like an annual event, with continued growth within the support company. Elsewhere in Cork, PMD (11), Bluemetrix (15) and Spearline (20) spread the love with their own recruitment drives.
IT jobs in Ireland
In Dublin, around a dozen companies hit the headlines with their own jobs announcements, most notably on 4 November (a great date, it must be said) when, amid the madness of the Web Summit, six companies sought 320 staff between them.
Squarespace (160) led the charge, while Amazing.com (50), Asana (30), Wave2Wave (30), Pond5 (30) and Primary Integrations (20) each made their own significant moves.
Outside of Cork and Dublin, though, it was slim pickings.
Jobs announcements for November:
- Apple expanding Cork operations with 1,000 new jobs
- Great news for Cork as Voxpro announces 400 new jobs
- 320 tech jobs announced across six companies in Dublin
- Dublin jobs boost sees Indeed announce 300 roles at EMEA HQ
- CPL to bring 160 jobs to Ireland over next 2 years, 40 abroad
- Euromedic rebrands to Affidea, bringing 100 jobs in next 18 months
- Over 80 IT roles coming to Ireland as Tata expands
- Huawei hiring 50 at new Dublin R&D centre
- Swrve to create 45 new jobs after raising $30m
- Maximum Media creating 42 new digital jobs in expansion
- Energy provider Viridian bringing 35 jobs to Belfast with €28m investment
- 23 manufacturing jobs announced for NI at Alternative Heat
- Irish engineering firm Team Horizon creating 21 jobs in Ireland and US
- Chameleon Advertising Technologies announces 21 jobs for Dublin
- Spearline Labs bringing 20 IT roles to Skibbereen
- Irish medtech firm Aerogen announces 20 jobs for 2016
- Davra bringing 15 IoT jobs to Ireland
- Bluemetrix creating 15 big data jobs for Cork to expand Hadoop team
- PMD Solutions announces 11 jobs for Cork following EU funding
Looking for tech jobs in Ireland? Check out our Featured Employers section for information on companies hiring right now.
Girl with apples image, via Shutterstock