There were 965 jobs announced in Ireland across the science, technology, engineering and maths sector during August, with major moves in Dublin catching the eye.
Accounting and consulting firm Deloitte announced plans to create 400 jobs in the country over the next four years, including a number of tech roles – the spread will be across Dublin, Cork and Limerick, with the capital bagging the lion’s share.
Meanwhile, Ballymaguire Foods is adding 100 positions to its current 150 labour force in Lusk, seeking out graduates in sales and marketing as well as food scientists and technicians, R&D professionals, chefs, cooks and general operatives.
Science jobs in Ireland
The science roles don’t end there, with APC Microbiome – formerly Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre – creating 50 new research jobs ahead of the launch of its new facility, a national centre of excellence for food and medicine research at University College Cork.
Of course, there is always the potential for more jobs, with the likes of Google’s new €150m data centre – which will see 400 jobs created for its construction – a future boon.
So, too, the country’s first rural digital hub in Skibbereen in Cork, with 500 jobs the hoped-for figure.
Elsewhere we’ve seen telecoms companies set up bases throughout the country, software positions emerge and animation companies expand.
The full jobs announcements from August:
- Deloitte bringing 400 jobs to Irish branches over next 4 years
- 100 jobs at new Ballymaguire Foods plant in Lusk
- Intercom raises US$35m, plans to double Dublin workforce
- 6D Global Technologies creates 60 jobs in Dublin
- Energia electricity campaign to generate 55 new jobs
- 50 new jobs as Brown Bag Films is acquired by 9 Story Media Group
- 50 new research jobs for Cork’s APC Microbiome
- 50 new jobs in Dublin feels right as Feelsright grows
- Fibre broadband revolution leads to 30 new jobs at Pure Telecom
- Healthcare search engine Whatclinic.com to create 26 new jobs in Dublin
- 25 new jobs at I.T. Alliance as previously shelved tech projects re-emerge in economy
- 20 new jobs as Vodafone invests €7m in data centre expansion
- 19 jobs at Effective Software after €1m funding round
- Smart camera player RE:SURE to create 10 new jobs after raising €250k
Main image via Shutterstock