Six new digital companies that have just moved into the Digital Hub in Dublin’s Liberties area will create 28 new jobs by the end of this year.
The new companies, three of which are from outside the Republic of Ireland, employ 17 people at present.
“There are now almost 900 people working on the Digital Hub’s campus in a variety of highly-skilled roles across a wide range of digital media and technology companies,” said Ruth Flynn, client services manager at the Digital Hub.
“The decision by these companies to locate here is a testament to the success and ongoing development of the Digital Hub project, which continues to evolve and go from strength to strength.”
The six companies are:
· Creative Nation is an Irish multi-channel network (MCN) on the YouTube platform, established in North Dublin in early 2014. Since then, the company has aggregated more than 4bn views annually across 300,000 videos uploaded by more than 2,500 YouTube content creators, making Creative Nation the No 1 MCN in Ireland and placing it in the top 5 in Europe.
· Fractus Learning is an Irish company working with educators around the globe to share ideas and promote cutting-edge technology skills, tools and resources for the classroom.
· Athena Media is an Irish award-winning transmedia production company led by Helen Shaw, an experienced media professional. The company makes broadcast and online content and provides digital media services, including online consultancy, web development, research and training. Athena Media has also recently expanded to MediaCityUK in Manchester, England. The company, formerly based in Adelaide Chambers, marked its 10th birthday with a return to the new offices at Townhouse Twenty2 in The Digital Hub.
· Site Improve is a Danish company set up in 2003, with offices in London, Minneapolis and Denmark, operating in nine countries. Siteimprove provides web governance solutions, helping more than 1,800 organisations to manage and maintain their websites through intuitive SaaS-based web services, quality assurance, accessibility, web analytics, search-engine optimisation, and response – all in one tool.
· Megatransfert Technologies Limited provides a global micropayment solution, ‘YouPass’, and is a leading French company specialising in financial technology.
· Nice Corporate Solutions is the Irish arm of an Italian company that aims to help organisations manage digital brands worldwide by providing tailored and cost-effective solutions for online brand protection.
Character and diversity
Nick Grantham, founder of Fractus Learning, spoke about why he chose to locate his business at The Digital Hub, having worked there with a previous employer.
“In the past, my experience was mainly with fairly sterile office environments, so the buzz of the Hub definitely struck me immediately,” he said.
“The character of the area, the diverse mix of companies and amazing things that small and growing teams were creating was pretty mind-blowing and inspiring for me.
“Five years later, when looking to base my own company somewhere, this buzz, location of character, and creative atmosphere was a huge motivator in choosing The Digital Hub as an office location. Running on such a small scale, all of the qualities that drew me here initially have proven even more important as we try to grow,” Grantham said.
Jobs image, via Shutterstock