There were 2,271 jobs announced in the technology sector during July, almost double that of the previous month, as major plans across the country came to fruition.
There were several major announcements of job numbers well into the hundreds, with one of the biggest coming today (31 July), with news that US drugs manufacturer Amneal has bought a former Johnson & Johnson site in Tipperary, with up to 300 jobs on the way.
A week earlier and Donegal received an even bigger boost when Pramerica, already a major employer in Letterkenny, announced the creation of 330 jobs as part of an expansion that will include the development of a new, state-of-the-art, eco-friendly campus nearby.
Tech jobs in Ireland
Limerick bagged another major jobs haul when taxi app giant Uber said it was hiring 150 by year’s end, with the same amount again over the next few years amid a €4m investment in a new Centre of Excellence focused on customer services.
Dublin, again, saw the most companies announcing roles – with the likes of Vodafone (200), Blue Insurance (100), Abtran (100), Kama Games (100), Parexel (130) and Coupa (120) – the bigger of the bunch.
The full jobs announcements from July:
- 330 jobs for fintech as Pramerica expands Letterkenny facility
- Uber boost for Limerick — 300 new roles en route to city
- Pharma player Amneal to create up to positions jobs in Cashel, Tipperary
- Vodafone creates 200 new jobs in Dublin in €60m investment
- 130 pharma positions in Dublin as Parexel expands
- 120 tech roles in Dublin as Coupa opens European hub
- 100 new IT positions in Dublin as Abtran expands
- 100 jobs for Dublin as Blue Insurance announces expansion
- Man United casino partner KamaGames to create 100 new jobs in Dublin
- 89 tech roles in Derry as OneSource comes to town
- 50 jobs for Dublin as Ellucian opens new office in Ballsbridge
- 50 jobs for Galway as IIR launches new office in Ballybrit
- 35 cybersecurity positions in Cork as Barricade expands
- 30 engineering positions in Dublin as PlanNet21 plans €20m data centre
- 30 fintech roles in Dublin as Numerix joins the fold
- GSK bringing 25 jobs to Sligo by Christmas
- HeyStaks to create 20 positions with €1.5m investment for Irish start-up
- 15 new roles as Irish software player Iconic raises €400,000
- 15 new jobs as wireless player Benetel raises US$750,000 investment
- 15 developer positions in Dublin as ProSeeder opens subsidiary
- Happy Canada Day as Absorb brings 12 jobs to Dublin
- CMASS upgrades its status with £500,000 investment and five new jobs
Looking for tech jobs in Ireland? Check out our Featured Employers section for information on companies hiring right now.
Main image via Shutterstock