Do you have the ability to write and rewrite copy to a high degree of accuracy and consistency, utilising excellent grammar and perfect spelling? Then send us your CV!
Silicon Republic has an opening for an experienced sub-editor to work in-house as part of our busy editorial team. A passion for news, and all things tech and science is a must, but above all you must have meticulous editing skills.
If you’ve always wanted to work with the Silicon Republic team and help us break the latest news on technology, science and innovation with accuracy and precision, now is your chance. We’re looking for someone talented and enthusiastic who can work to deadline to join our busy team (and a sense of humour would not go astray).
However, there are some pesky requirements to be met:
- A curiosity and passion for all things tech and science
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills (a formal qualification in journalism is a must for this role)
- Knowledge of media law
- A keen eye for detail and mastery of English
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- The ability to work under pressure and as part of a busy team
- An in-depth understanding of social media
- Experience using content-management systems and picture-editing software
- Experience with audiovisual content is a plus
- You must be able to work to deadline
We’re going to move fast on this one, so please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 20 March 2015.