The highly anticipated ‘Project Amicus’ by the creators of popular gay dating app Grindr has been revealed – say hello to Blendr, a revolutionary new geo-social network that aims to transform the way the world meets new people based on common interests.
The location-based mobile app empowers users to make new social connections with people nearby who share similar interests, like to go to the same places or who have a common background.
The company today also released its Facebook app with many of the same rich functionality and features, enabling Facebook users to connect with the full Blendr network.
“Social networking just got ‘social’ and there’s no easier way to meet new people that share your interests than with Blendr,” said Joel Simkhai, founder and CEO. “We’ve built Blendr to be the ultimate social compass for everyone to strike conversations with new people nearby and check out what’s happening at surrounding venues in the moment.”
With Blendr, users can discover new people based on a broad range of interest categories. For example, college students can interact and make new friends on campus and at concerts, while travellers can make new connections abroad, and sports fans can find other fellow enthusiasts.
Users can check in to venues, browse how many others are at those venues, and determine whether to venture to the trending hot spot. Blendr is integrated with other social networks, directly allowing users to share and update their Blendr activity on Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare.
Discover new people, new places
Unlike other social networks that connect users to people and places they already know, Blendr facilitates the discovery of new people and places with secure privacy settings and rich features that give users total control of how they want to connect and interact with others.
“Smartphones and location-based services have completely transformed social interactions for everyone and we’ve taken our learnings from Grindr on creating an incredibly engaging consumer experience and loaded it with the most comprehensive privacy features to give users total control of how they want to interact within the Blendr community,” Simkhai explained.
What Blendr can do
- Browse for users by location, your favourites, those you’ve chatted with recently or those currently online.
- Tap a photo to check out user profiles, photos, interests and more.
- Filter users by interest categories, such as entertainment, sports, language, profession and more.
- Check in to nearby venues and keep up on the trending spots by seeing who and how many Blendr users have also checked in to help decide whether to venture there by seeing where people are (iOS only).
- Start a private instant message conversation via Blendr chat.
- Check your new friends’ latest photos and status updates.
- And directly update your status on other social networks, like Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare, within Blendr, making it even easier and more convenient to stay connected.
Buy your tickets now!