HP has introduced 14 new notebooks that utilise VISION and VISION Pro technology from AMD that transcend most price and performance levels.
Consumers have a choice of VISION Technology across HP Pavilion notebooks, including the dm and dv lines, as well as Compaq notebooks.
Business customers can tailor new HP ProBook s-series, HP ProBook b-series or HP or Compaq notebooks with the VISION Pro Technology from AMD featuring AMD Phenom II, AMD Turion II, AMD Athlon or AMD V-Series processors.
“Businesses and consumers can turn to HP not only for the deepest portfolio of notebook products, but also for a wide range of technology choices to meet specific mobile computing needs,” said Ted Clark, senior vice-president and general manager, Notebook Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group, HP.
“HP’s commitment to providing customers a choice of technology helps us maintain our position as the worldwide leader in notebook sales.”
What the HP notebooks offer customers
HP customers get improved performance on popular applications with the updated AMD multicore processors.
For example, an HP notebook that employs a new AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N620 processor offers up to 69pc faster performance than previous-generation HP AMD-powered notebooks and gets up to 24pc longer battery life.
“Our close relationship has evolved to today’s expansive consumer and commercial product lineup, providing outstanding technology innovation and performance competitiveness that ultimately benefits the customer,” said Chris Cloran, corporate vice-president and general manager, Client Division, AMD.
“VISION and VISION Pro Technology from AMD enables an exceptional visual experience, great system performance and is designed to simplify the PC purchasing experience.”
The new HP products span all customer segments, including consumer, small and mid-size businesses (SMBs), and the enterprise. Highlights include:
- Thin and light, the HP Pavilion dm3 offers ultramobility and fast performance paired with cool etched patterns and a sleek metal finish. With an internet connection, consumers can stay connected with Skype, instant messaging and HP QuickWeb. At less than 1 inch thick and weighing 4.2 pounds, the dm3 boasts a battery life of up to seven hours, ensuring that consumers can take it anywhere, leaving power cords at home.
- The HP ProBook 4425s features a sophisticated brushed-aluminum metal case in caviar or bordeaux. Weighing only 4.71 pounds, it offers enhanced graphics capabilities, outstanding performance and a long battery life. Designed for SMB professionals who want stylish, affordable notebooks for everyday office applications, the HP ProBook 4425s includes various productivity enhancing HP Professional Innovations, as well as Central Management for HP ProtectTools.
Additional newly announced HP notebooks powered by AMD VISION and VISION Pro Technology include:
- HP Pavilion notebook PCs: dm1, dv5, dv6 and dv7
- HP ProBook notebook PCs: 4325s, 4525s, 6455b and 6555b
- HP notebook PCs: 425 and 625
- Compaq notebook PCs: CQ42/G42 and CQ62/G62
By John Kennedy
Photo: The HP Pavilion dm3
Buy your tickets now!