Your essential weekend reading, including everything you ever wanted to know about IoT, smart machines and AI, but were afraid to ask.
1. Ireland of Things: 50 key players in Ireland’s IoT ecosystem
Mapping Ireland’s vast internet of things (IoT) network reveals a web of collaboration and innovation.
2. Full steam ahead for Ireland in the Age of the Machines
Countries such as Ireland have all the moving parts for success in the IoT world. They just need to join the dots.
3. 25 interesting European AI start-ups to watch in 2017
Europe is a hotbed of AI innovation. Here are 25 AI start-ups to watch out for in 2017 and beyond.
4. Could robots actually take up 30pc of all jobs? PwC thinks so
Another day, another report of how machines are coming to take away your employment. Is it true?
5. Revolution 4.0: Why the industrial internet of things is the perfect storm
The IIoT could help to unlock economic growth in the 21st century.
6. 10 people to follow if you want a career in AI
Want a career in AI and robotics? One of the best ways to enrich your knowledge about the sector is to follow these AI influencers.
7. Autonomous vehicles: How did we get here, where are we going?
Autonomous vehicles are heading our way, with a general attitude of inevitability apparent throughout the automotive industry.
8. From farm to robot to fork: How IoT is moving us towards ‘agriculture 4.0’
IoT promises to make big advancements in many fields, but none more so – literally – than in agriculture, according to John Deere’s Richard Johnson.
9. The battle for ethics at the cutting edge of technology
Will the brave new world ushered in by Industry 4.0 be good or bad for society? Dr Fiachra Ó Brolcháin from DCU’s Institute of Ethics examines the ethics of new technology.
10. An IoT career will give you the ability to move and learn
Want to work in the exciting world of IoT? We spoke to senior software engineer Cliodhna Ni Scanaill about her career at Intel.