The National Digital Research Centre (NDRC) has announced the 12th batch of start-ups receiving support at the Digital Hub, as the LaunchPad accelerator continues to shine.
Receiving office space in the Digital Hub, €20,000 in pre-seed investment and three months of mentorship, the 10 new residents in Dublin 8 have just been announced – one of the new start-ups sources furniture or décor seen on TV shows, which sounds amazing.
All with digital innovations at their core, they will join an accelerator programme ranked in the top 2.5pc in the world.
In fact, NDRC has a portfolio of start-up ventures that have now raised a combined €88m in investment.
The 10 new ventures – with an additional Accenture Leaders of Tomorrow inclusion – are:
- Rook: Mobile app and platform that provides location based-free access to e-books
- Gramma Music: Innovative mobile music selection platform leveraging a unique decision rules engine
- PAP Technologies: White label digital platform that integrates digital publications with mobile solutions that drive data and insight about target communities
- Flyright: Dedicated to building a safe, flexible and profitable ecosystem for drone operations
- BioPharmawatch: Project management tool which is focused on the requirements of the pharmaceutical, biologics, medical device, food and micro-electronics process industries
- Teletales: Comprehensive data analytics for digital communications
- Seen on Set: Database website and mobile app that provides the user with a platform to search for and find any piece of furniture, décor or electronics featured in a movie or TV show
- Dynamic Reservations: Reservation SaaS product that offers a new experience in reservations management for tour operators and travel agents
- Recipe Guru: App and magazine website that enables subscribers to choose, download and save the recipes they want from the published cookbooks of celebrity and professional chefs
- Bioscreen Health: Provides real-time patient monitoring platforms with end-to-end or modular solutions that deliver physiological data from patient to clinician
- Groopeze: Booking platform that simplifies group travel and activities (supported by Accenture Leaders of Tomorrow).
“LaunchPad is a first step on the road to building a viable and sustainable technology business for these talented and innovative entrepreneurs,” said Gary Leyden, VP of NDRC’s venture acceleration.
“NDRC works with them to develop their proof of concept and refine their business model so that they can evolve into an investable venture that will attract follow-on funding from the broader investment community.”
This story was originally published at 10.52 on 8 Septemher 2015. It has since been updated: This article was amended to include Bioscreen Health as one of the new ventures.
Buy your tickets now!