Ten Irish start-ups will battle it out to take part in the Start Tel Aviv international start-up competition, where the most innovative start-ups are selected to attend a five-day intensive start-up experience in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Tel Aviv is a leading innovation hub with world-class tech talents, dozens of leading multinationals, and hundreds of tech star start-ups.
The Wall Street Journal named the city Europe’s leading tech hub and Startup Genome ranked Tel Aviv as the second best place in the world to open a start-up.
The winning Irish team will be joined by founders from Colombia, Chile, Norway, New Zealand, South Korea, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, Germany, Spain, UK, Hungary, France, South Africa, India, Japan, China, Holland and Serbia.
Finalists for 2014
Finalists will compete at a pitch night at the NDRC in Dublin on 26 June for this trip and other prizes. The judging panel will include Brian Caulfield (DFJ Esprit), Lisa Vaughan (Enterprise Ireland), Darren Daly (Byrne Wallace) and Adrian Weckler (Irish Independent).
Trustev won last year’s competition, adding to its various other competition wins, including SXSW Accelerator Big Data & Enterprise 2014, European Commission’s Top Technology Startup 2013, Forbes Hottest Global Startups 2013, and Microsoft Startup Partner of the Year 2013.
“Trustev really enjoyed their experience at Start Tel Aviv,” said Trustev’s CEO Pat Phelan.
“It was incredible to see the huge volume of activity in the start-up technology space in Israel, which we got to see in great detail, thanks to an excellent programme of events and activities,” Phelan said.
The 10 Irish finalists are:
· 3 Funnel – Digital marketing analytics
· Artomatix – Artificial intelligence system for human-like artistic creativity
· Bizimply – Operations management solutions for restaurants and retail stores
· CloudDock – Making cloud storage compatible
· Gordon Games – Sales management tools using gaming techniques
· Indigo – Airport transfers made easy
· Legal Shine – Legal spend analytics software
· Pundit Arena – Sports media website powered by fans
· Propertygate – Managing software for landlords
· VBOT – World’s fastest video publishing Platform
Tel Aviv image via Shutterstock