Accenture is on the lookout for start-ups in the fintech space, with the application process for the company’s Fintech Innovation Lab now underway.
A programme supported by both Accenture and Enterprise Ireland, the latest instalment of the Fintech Innovation Lab is open for entrepreneurs and start-ups to apply.
With a closing date of 31 October, the organisers are looking to extend the reach of applicants from last year; six of which are chosen to proceed.
The fintech field is a broad one, so start-ups in fields including big data, mobility, payments, risk and more are welcome to apply.
Positioned as a mentoring and collaboration accelerator, rather than purely sales and growth-oriented, those “willing to learn” alongside nine established companies are the ideal candidates.
Last year’s programme was the second running of the event, with a 12-week course for the six start-ups chosen. This saw them showcased through nine partner companies including Citi, Google, Bank of Ireland and AIB.
The Guinness Enterprise Centre was where the six start-ups called home for the duration of the programme, with the NDRC hosting a showcase before the start-ups attended events in London related to the project.
“The Fintech Innovation Lab offers an exciting opportunity for the technology and financial services communities and young Irish companies to collaborate and together contribute to the success of Ireland’s digital economy,” said Alastair Blair, country MD for Accenture in Ireland.
Eligible start-ups work in:
- Big-data analytics and predictive modelling
- Risk management
- Wealth management
- Customer relationship
- Management governance
- Risk and compliance
- Social media and collaboration
- Infrastructure and operational technologies (hosting, databases, storage, networking, IT management)
The Lab’s selection committee is especially interested in products, tools and applications that:
- Support real-time manipulation of large volumes of complex transactional data
- Identify and address security concerns related to mobile or wireless device use
- Monitor risk in real time to support regulatory compliance and rapid response to threat
- Enable secure database outsourcing to cloud environments
- Facilitate efficient API management
- Analyse social media to support customer relationship management and regulatory compliance
Buy your tickets now!