Dublin-based Bizimply has won the Start Tel Aviv (TLV)-Ireland competition and will represent Ireland in the global start-up competition in Israel.
Tel Aviv, Israel, is a leading innovation hub with world-class tech talents, dozens of leading multinationals, and hundreds of tech star start-ups. The Wall Street Journal has named the city as Europe’s leading tech hub and Startup Genome ranked Tel Aviv as the second best place in the world to open a start-up.
The winning Irish team, which works out of the NDRC, will compete with founders from Chile, Colombia, Norway, New Zealand, South Korea, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, Germany, Spain, the UK, Hungary, France, South Africa, India, Japan, China, Holland and Serbia.
Trustev won last year’s competition, which added to its various other competition wins, including SXSW Accelerator Big Data & Enterprise 2014, the European Commission’s Top Technology Startup 2013, Forbes Hottest Global Startups 2013, and Microsoft Startup Partner of the Year 2013.
Bizimply is a tech start-up focused on simplifying and organising the daily business life of the restaurant and retail industry. Gerard Forde, John Forde and Norman Hewson founded the company in 2011.
Bizimply combines day-to-day management tasks, such as scheduling, HR, clock-in, shift reporting, and training schedules, along with a dashboard that makes regular contact with a business an easy task for owner-managers.
The Start Tel Aviv judging panel included Brian Caulfield of DFJ Esprit, Lisa Vaughan of Enterprise Ireland, Darren Daly of Byrne Wallace, and Gary Leyden of the NDRC. The Israeli ambassador Boaz Modai and Israeli deputy ambassador Nurit Tinari-Modai presented the awards.
The 10 Irish finalists were:
· Bizimply – operations management solutions for restaurants and retail stores
· 3 Funnel – digital marketing analytics
· Artomatix – artificial intelligence system for human-like artistic creativity
· CloudDock – making cloud storage compatible
· Gordon Games – sales management tools using gaming techniques
· Indigo – airport transfers made easy
· Legal Shine – legal spend analytics software
· Pundit Arena – sports media website powered by fans
· Propertygate – managing software for landlords
· VBOT – video publishing platform