An SME business conference in Kilkenny next week will explore how start-ups, particularly those in the tech space, can grow their businesses, looking at online marketing in particular and how to use social media sites, such as LinkedIn.
The SME Business Summit will take place at Lyrath Estate Hotel, just outside Kilkenny City, on Tuesday, 29 November.
Speakers at the event, which has been organised by South East Business Network, include:
- Philip Galligan, founder at There is no Box!, who will look at business models
- Bob Flynn, director at icommunity.ie, who will look at how start-ups can best use LinkedIn
- Denis Coleman, owner, InnoChan Solutions, who will look at the supply chain and how to achieve better data management to greater control costs
- Social media consultant Lorcan Kinsella will cover online marketing
- Amanda Webb of Spiderworking.com and Gavin Redmond, who will both look at social media.
Growing business opportunities
Speaking specifically about the southeast region of Ireland, Paul Somers, founder of South East Business, said there’s an urgent need for businesses owners and support organisations in the region to grow alliances, both to help grow their own businesses and to attract new business into the region.
"The focus of the day, with 12 business growth seminars, conference and expo, will be to help businesspeople to focus on the key success factors that are critical to creating a thriving business," he said.
Get your early bird tickets now!