The 15 start-ups awarded funding under Enterprise Ireland’s Competitive Start Fund have been revealed, ranging from an enhanced course search site to an Internet platform for digital photographic competitions.
Over the past 10 months Enterprise Ireland has launched four such Competitive Start Funds for young innovative start ups across various sectors.
The fund is aimed at getting critical financial support into very early stage companies to explore the market fit for their services and move swiftly to market launch.
Under the terms of the fund, start ups receive an equity investment of up to €50,000 for a 10pc ordinary equity stake. In addition to funding, each start up is provided with an experienced business mentor to support them.
“We see this fund as a strategic investment in these young companies. It gives a vital injection of funding and support to these promoters when they most need it,” said Tom Cusack, Enterprise Ireland manager, High Potential Start Ups.
The deadline for applications to the current Competitive Start Fund is 19 October. It is open to start-ups from the ICT and industrial sectors including sub-sectors such as Internet, Games, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Telecoms, Lifesciences, Cleantech and Industrial Products.
The 15 companies
- OneLook Systems – a software solution to protect people and assets
- Learnpipe – enhanced course search site
- Fluid Software – software to develop mobile app prototypes
- Footbridge Learning – online game for children with reading difficulties
- R&D Slua – supply.ie is an online quotation system
- Picturk – Internet platform for digital photographic competitions
- FeePay – web-based payments solutions
- Pulse Technology – IT system to support hotels to sell more rooms
- Open Emotion Studios – games company
- Artemis Business Solutions – software company to support travel companies to generate more revenue
- Vending Box – supports online retailers to extend their social reach
- Good Travel Software – providers of booking software for the car rental and car share industries
- Dingadeal.com – reverse auction hotel booking platform
- CrowdScanner – mobile games for connecting people at events
- Cauwill – software to add value for director enquiries services
Get your early bird tickets now!