A retail partnership between electronics store Harvey Norman and mobile devices and accessories provider Carphone Warehouse will lead to the creation of 80 jobs across Ireland.
The announcement follows the success of a Carphone Warehouse ‘store-in-store’ concept at Harvey Norman in Airside Retail Park, Swords, Co Dublin. Two more of these outlets will open this week, in Blanchardstown Retail Park and Nutgrove Retail Park, Dublin.
A further nine more Carphone Warehouse outlets will then be launched in Harvey Norman stores nationwide, with roll out scheduled for completion in November. This will ensure all new stores are in place in time for the Christmas buying season.
A total of 80 jobs will be created in eight counties with the opening of these 11 new stores. Vacancies are now advertised for managers and sales consultants, and recruitment is ongoing.
These new outlets bring Carphone Warehouse’s total store count in the Republic of Ireland to 91 and gives Harvey Norman a dedicated telecommunications department in-store.
Carphone Warehouse outlets will open in the following Harvey Norman stores:
- Blanchardstown Retail Park, Dublin 15
- Nutgrove Retail Park, Dublin 14
- The Park, Carrickmines, Dublin 18
- Kinsale Road, Cork
- Little Island, Cork
- Drogheda Retail Park, Co Louth
- Newhall Retail Park, Naas, Co Kildare
- Butlerstown Retail Park, Waterford
- City East Retail Park, Limerick
- Manor West Retail Park, Tralee, Co Kerry
- Castlebar Retail Park, Co Mayo