Silicon Republic has an opening for a news editor/reporter to work in-house as part of our busy editorial team. A passion for news, and all things tech and science is a must, as well as meticulous editing skills.
If you’ve always wanted to work with the Siliconrepublic.com team on breaking the latest news on technology, science and innovation, now is your chance. We’re looking for someone talented and enthusiastic who can work to deadline and as part of a busy team. A sense of humour would not go astray.
However, there are some other pesky requirements to be met:
- A curiosity and passion for all things tech and science
- Solid writing, sub-editing, proofreading and interviewing skills – a formal qualification in journalism is highly desirable
- A keen eye for detail and mastery of English
- The ability to work well as part of a busy team
- An in-depth understanding of social media
- Experience using content management systems, and photo-editing software
- Experience in audiovisual a plus
- The ability to work to deadline and turn over copy quickly as required
We’re going to move fast on this one, so please email your CV (or link to same) and a cover letter before midnight on 29 November to email@example.com