From Apollo 11 and the International Space Station to rural broadband black spots, we bring you all the essential sci-tech reading you need this weekend.
1. 9 must-read books recommended by business leaders
Looking to start your business reading list? We asked a selection of leaders what books they would recommend.
2. AI at the edge: Intel’s Irish acquisition Movidius reveals $79 AI stick
AI stick delivers deep neural networking capabilities to devices at the edge.
3. Google Maps brings Street View to the International Space Station
Google Maps goes out of this world to mark the 48th anniversary of the first manned mission to the moon.
4. Light up, light up: National Broadband Plan could bring 2,600 jobs to rural Ireland
Engineers Ireland urges the delivery of National Broadband Plan as soon as possible.
5. Revealed: This is Ireland’s broadband black spot
As the National Broadband Plan seems to have stalled, people’s frustration over lack of connectivity in rural Ireland is reaching boiling point.
6. NASA reeling after Neil Armstrong moon sample bag sold for $1.5m
Despite NASA’s attempts to claim it, a woman who bought a lunar sample bag used by Neil Armstrong has sold it for $1.5m.
7. 5 reasons why Microsoft has found the silver lining in the cloud
Latest earnings indicate how Microsoft has thrown off its legacy mantle and is becoming a fully fledged cloud player.
8. Brexit investments won’t just fall into our laps, warns IDA Ireland CEO
Ireland cannot be complacent when it comes to Brexit, warns IDA’s Martin Shanahan.
9. Rhianna Pratchett: From newbie to the ‘rock star’ of video game writing
Rhianna Pratchett has established herself as one of the few big names in video game writing, but it hasn’t always been so straightforward.
10. Dark web dragnet delivers destruction to AlphaBay and Hansa
Dastardly villains of the dark web have no place to run, no place to hide.