A compilation of this past week’s Twitter messages – from the serious to the whimsical – from some top names in technology.
“Odd new service: DeathIreland.ie. You ‘subscribe’ and it pushes death notices for an area out to you. Constantly.”
- Adrian Weckler, digital editor of The Sunday Business Post
“The closest I’ll get to solidarity with marathon runners is watching Chariots of Fire – just started on TV!!”
- Joan Mulvihill, CEO of the Irish Internet Association
“Reading Steve Jobs biography: I am simultaneously disgusted by the man and inspired by the vision.”
- Mark Little, founder of Storyful
“Loving the new Gmail redesign.”
- Pat Phelan, director of products and innovation, MAXROAM
“Root canal went well, but might lose the tooth, will know tomorrow. If so, will get a new implant, just like for my ballet accident.”
- Craig Newmark, founder of Craigslist
“Al Jazeera Swahili is launching next year. Sweet.”
- Ben Hammersley, editor at large of the UK edition of WIRED magazine
“Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.”
- Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of AOL Huffington Post Media Group
Buy your tickets now!