It’s been nearly a month since it was launched, but the first Fallout 4 patch is now available for those playing on PC, with a raft of changes aiming to plug the many holes in the game.
Since its launch on 10 November, a Fallout 4 patch has been badly needed for some elements of the post-apocalyptic game, which has already broken all of Bethesda Softworks sales records by making nearly $1bn in sales in its first week.
The aforementioned bugs are part and parcel of any Bethesda Softworks game release. Now so common that they’re an expected outcome, the bugs are, strangely enough, even admired by the company’s die-hard fans.
Now, in a brief message, the company has issued a list of the announced changes, which will launch immediately for PC players.
Sadly for those with an Xbox One or PS4 – like yours truly – the patch will not be launched until sometime later this week.
New patch details
Last week, Bethesda Softworks took to its blog to prepare people for the imminent release, describing the feedback it had received since launch with a nod to the fact that many elements were clearly not 100pc when launched.
“Given the scale and complexity of the systems at work,” Bethesda said, “especially when allowing you to build your own settlements, we’re happy that Fallout 4 is our most robust and solid release ever, and we’d like to thank our amazing QA staff who worked as hard as anyone to break the game so we could fix it during development.
“But a hundred testers will never replicate the many millions playing the game now, and we’re hard at work addressing the top issues.”
As for what’s been released in the new patch, Bethesda details:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimisations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with “When Freedom Calls” where the quest would not complete
- During “Confidence Man”, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
Fallout 4 image via Videogame Photography/Flickr
Buy your tickets now!