Synergy Centre is inviting applications from budding entrepreneurs with knowledge-intensive business ideas for its upcoming programme starting in November.
Formerly known as the M50 programme, the Synergy Enterprise Platform Programme at the Institute of Technology Tallaght is a free, 12-month, full-time practical support programme targeted at people who are in the early stages of setting up a technology-based or knowledge-intensive business.
It offers people training and practical advice on critical start-up areas, ranging from initial business plan development, innovation, financial planning, HR and legal issues, through to first sales and investor readiness.
Fully funded under the National Development Plan, there is no charge for those who are accepted to the programme.
Participants will be located in Synergy Centre, where they will also receive guidance from experienced entrepreneurs and small business experts.
Practical supports that participants on the Synergy Enterprise Platform Programme will avail of include:
- Business plan development, covering viable financial plans, marketing and sales plans
- Clinics: Regular expert advice and direction for each individual business
- Coaching: Access to a highly experienced programme manager
- Mentoring: Access to experienced business mentors
- Training: Covering key aspects of business planning and operation, including sales techniques, project management, intellectual property, corporate governance, performance monitoring, raising finance, corporate image, HR and legal issues
- Networking, advice and assistance from other entrepreneurs
- Incubation facilities hot-desk style in a campus environment.
Participants might also be eligible to avail of a CORD grant from Enterprise Ireland. For further information on CORD click here.
Interested candidates must demonstrate:
- Experience in/knowledge of their intended marketplace
- Adequate relevant work experience or hold a nationally recognised third-level degree or diploma
- A number of years’ industrial/work experience
- Willingness to commit full time to get their business going.
Speaking about the programme, Pat O’Donnell, manager of the Synergy Centre, said: "We help entrepreneurs follow a disciplined and structured approach to turn their business concepts into well-defined, realistic and fundable business plans. Every step of the way, participants are guided by our experienced team and benefit greatly from the fantastic support network of professionals and peers.
“To date, over 130 companies have grown from exciting budding business concepts to job-creating enterprises with the support of Synergy Centre and we look forward to helping many more in the future.”
The closing date for applications for the next Synergy Enterprise Platform Programme is Wednesday, 3 November 2010. There are five to seven spaces available on the programme. Successful applicants will need to be available to commence the full-time course on 23 November 2010. However, participants who have to work beyond this date to complete a notice period will be facilitated.